Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots 2016 schedule

Patriots 2016 schedule

I am sure there is a thread on this at .com, but here is another in case anyone wants one.

Sunday, September 11 at Arizona Cardinals 8:30pm NBC
    Sunday, September 18 Miami Dolphins 1:00pm CBS
    Thursday, September 22 Houston Texans 8:25pm CBS/NFLN/Twitter
    Sunday, October 2 Buffalo Bills 1:00pm CBS
    Sunday, October 9 at Cleveland Browns* 1:00pm CBS
    Sunday, October 16 Cincinnati Bengals* 1:00pm CBS
    Sunday, October 23 at Pittsburgh Steelers* 4:25pm CBS
    Sunday, October 30 at Buffalo Bills* 1:00pm CBS
    BYE
    Sunday, November 13 Seattle Seahawks* 8:30pm NBC
    Sunday, November 20 at San Francisco 49ers* 4:25pm CBS
    Sunday, November 27 at New York Jets* 8:30pm NBC
    Sunday, December 4 Los Angeles Rams* 1:00pm FOX
    Monday, December 12 Baltimore Ravens 8:30pm ESPN
    Sunday, December 18 at Denver Broncos* 4:25pm CBS
    Saturday, December 24 New York Jets 1:00pm CBS
    Sunday, January 1 at Miami Dolphins* 1:00pm CBS

*- Game time and network subject to possible flexible scheduling adjustment.
    Read

Bold indicates nationally televised games.

Like having the midseason bye week. I see no multi week west coast trip this season.

I have mixed feeling about opening @Arizona. I was thinking about making the trip since we have family there and would have a place to stay. But the timing is bad and since it's opening weekend, the ticket prices will be insane. On the other hand, I like getting a west coast trip done right away. They won't be coming off a game and have plenty of time to prepare for one of the tougher games on the schedule.

I wish they were on the road Christmas Eve. Christmas holidays are strictly family time for me, so I'll be selling off that game. I would have liked to get the New Year's home game. We've had the last couple and they're fun. And I like getting the home Thursday night game over with early.

Overall, the schedule makers were kind to the Pats. No legitimate complaints here.

Way too many late games for my taste. Bye week placement seems good. I like cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker #59 View Post
    Way too many late games for my taste. Bye week placement seems good. I like cheese.
    You have to know that if they didn't have them on the schedule to start with the flex schedule would add them later.

Interesting that there is only one Monday nite game and one Thursday nite game.

I thought for sure Pat's would be opening against Denver. Interesting that many media folks are predicting a Patriot loss to AZ.
    "We all make mistakes - me more than anybody; I've made plenty of them - you try to learn from them and move on," he said. "That's how you get better - you learn from your mistakes and you move on." - Bill Belichick

Most of that is the idea that Brady might not be behind center.
    Well I am past the time they said I would survive. I think I just might hang around a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bishbash View Post
    Interesting that there is only one Monday nite game and one Thursday nite game.

I thought for sure Pat's would be opening against Denver. Interesting that many media folks are predicting a Patriot loss to AZ.
    Most people don't know that the networks have a say in the schedule. I'm sure CBS fought hard to keep NE/Denver on their network. In fact, when games get flexed, the networks have a number of vetoes they can use. Many times the league has to negotiate with all 3 networks to move one game. That why we occasionally see a Pats game against an AFC opponent on Fox instead of CBS. If Fox is giving up a game to NBC, they want something in return.

I will still look for 1 or 2 of the Pats games to be flexed this season.
    Well I am past the time they said I would survive. I think I just might hang around a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriots-Lifer View Post
    I will still look for 1 or 2 of the Pats games to be flexed this season.
    Unless they get flexed OUT of a night game, perhaps @Jets if the Jets are awful, they can't have more than 1 additional prime time game. Teams have a 6 game limit.

Thread Information