Thread: Interesting Roaster moves

Interesting Roaster moves

Why the Patriots signed Tyler Gaffney three days after releasing him

10:28 PM ET
    • Mike ReissESPN New England Patriots reporter

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots and running back Tyler Gaffney were involved in a rare situation this week, with the club waiving Gaffney on Monday, only to re-sign him three days later.
    Why the change of heart?
    As it turns out, the Patriots never intended to part ways with Gaffney on a permanent basis. By waiving him Monday, it allowed the team to tweak Gaffney's contract and provide better injury protection for a player who has spent the last two seasons on injured reserve.
    All along, Gaffney expected to re-sign with the Patriots as long as another team didn't claim him on waivers, which is what happened.
    So about that blog post Monday on the Patriots' financial risk not paying off with Gaffney ... let's put that on hold for now.
    There's still a chance for Gaffney to emerge in New England.

That sounds reasonable. Now want to know why Pat's dropped Easely at a time when it cost them more in cap space than other times to release him.
    Easely must'a really pissed BB off.
    "We all make mistakes - me more than anybody; I've made plenty of them - you try to learn from them and move on," he said. "That's how you get better - you learn from your mistakes and you move on." - Bill Belichick

...or were you referring to this kind of roaster moves:

Name:  stock-photo-coffee-beans-during-the-roasting-process-moving-paddle-of-the-screening-hopper-cooli.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  63.4 KB
    "We all make mistakes - me more than anybody; I've made plenty of them - you try to learn from them and move on," he said. "That's how you get better - you learn from your mistakes and you move on." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by bishbash View Post
    ...or were you referring to this kind of roaster moves:

Name:  stock-photo-coffee-beans-during-the-roasting-process-moving-paddle-of-the-screening-hopper-cooli.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  63.4 KB
    Hey I hadn't had my coffee yet so it is possible.

Thread Information