Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Red Sox Injury Thread

2018 Red Sox Injury Thread

Dustin Pedroia will miss the start of the 2018 season after having surgery Wednesday to repair a nagging issue with his left knee.
    The Red Sox said their second baseman "underwent a successful cartilage restoration procedure" in New York and is expected to return to games in about seven months. That timetable would see him back in Boston's lineup in late May or early June, depending on the nature of his rehab assignment.

Link

Oops. I see PumpDee already posted the news in the "offseason" thread.

This is OUR f*ckin city!! PumpDee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
    Oops. I see PumpDee already posted the news in the "offseason" thread.
    You're forgiven.

Pomeranz diagnosed with mild flexor strain.

Link

I watched the game yesterday and saw this. Pretty scary moment.

Video at link.

Red Sox ace Chris Sale on getting hit: Looked a lot worse than it is

Boston Red Sox ace Chris Sale expects to be ready for Opening Day after being struck in the left hip by a line drive during Saturday's spring training game against the Houston Astros.

Sale exited the game in the first inning after Houston's J.D. Davis drilled a line drive off the All-Star left-hander. Sale immediately fell to the ground and appeared to clutch his left knee.

After being examined by Red Sox medical personnel, Sale limped back to the locker room. The team initially announced Sale had suffered a left hip contusion and would undergo further testing.

X-rays were negative.

Sale later told reporters that he doesn't have a knee injury, saying the line drive struck a nerve in his hip and temporarily sent numbness down his entire leg.

"It looked a lot worse than it actually is," said Sale, who stressed he will be ready for Boston's regular-season opener Thursday against the Tampa Bay Rays.

"[The line drive] kind of shocked me more than anything," Sale said. "That initial blow sent some shooting [down my leg]. Now everything has quieted down."

Sale was planning to go six innings, with 80 to 90 pitches on Saturday.

"We're going to figure something out over tomorrow and the next day," he said. "Try to build up arm strength to get to where we need to be for Thursday."

The lanky left-hander considered himself fortunate.

"That's another reason we're thankful it hit me where it did," Sale said. "I don't have a whole lot of padding anywhere on me, but if I'm going to get hit, somewhere in the hip or the butt's going to be the place to go. Better than a rib, arm, hand, even the face. So this was best-case scenario."

Sale, the AL All-Star Game starting pitcher, was 17-8 with a 2.90 ERA and a major league-leading 308 strikeouts in 2017. He has had a solid spring training, striking out 18 batters in 14 innings and giving up five runs, prior to Saturday's game.

This is OUR f*ckin city!! PumpDee's Avatar
    Any news on Xander????

Quote Originally Posted by PumpDee View Post
    Any news on Xander????
    Nothing yet. Just that Cora would know more after being evaluated today. I set up a Google News Alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
    Nothing yet. Just that Cora would know more after being evaluated today. I set up a Google News Alert.
    someone said an MRI was being done.

Looks like it happened on the landing in the dugout, he rolled it or it stuck into the steps.

Drinking in the morning sun
    Blinking in the morning sun
    Shaking off the heavy one
    Heavy like a loaded gun

“Bogaerts was sent for tests on his injured left ankle Monday, Evan Drellich of NBC Sports Boston reports.

Bogaerts suffered the ankle injury during Sunday's game against the Rays after sliding into the protective netting near the Tampa Bay dugout. While it's encouraging that the shortstop wasn't immediately sent to the disabled list, he's set to undergo treatment Monday to determine whether a stint on the shelf is ultimately necessary. If Bogaerts is ultimately forced onto the DL, Brock Holt would likely step into the starting lineup in his place (whether it be at short stop or second base). More should be known once the results from Monday's examinations are disclosed.”

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...ision-looming/

Just heard 10-day DL On WBZ News.

Thread Information